Achieve a nationally recognised management qualification through our short course programme
For available dates, click on the 'Book' button. If the dates shown are not suitable, contact us on 0161 359 3405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gain a recognised leadership and management qualification and improve your skills and effectiveness as a manager.
Build your leadership skills, capabilities and confidence. Learn how to motivate and engage your team to achieve better results.
Develop your people management skills and understand how to apply them back into your workplace. Enhance your techniques to create better relationships in order to get the best out of people. Know how to handle difficult situations and turn them around.
This is ideal for individuals looking to take their first step into line management and for those who already have some management responsibilities. This combined knowledge and competency based qualification will build and develop new skills to enhance their management career.
We deliver this award through attendance at two of our one day management courses, ‘Transition from Colleague to Manager’ and ‘Leadership in Action’. This is followed by an induction to the requirements of the Award, a follow up tutorial and by completion of a work based assignment.
This programme covers:
Day 1: Transition from Colleague to Manager
- The differences between leadership and management and the need for each
- Adopting management behaviours
- How to get the most from your team by adapting your leadership style
- Understand different sources of power
Day 2: Leadership in Action
- Effective leadership - setting the vision and how to get there
- Examine your leadership strengths and development areas
- Analyse and enhance your individual communication skills
- Motivational leadership techniques