Level 4 Award in HACCP Management for Food Manufacturing
This accredited qualification is aimed at learners who are working at a management level in a manufacturing business, quality assurance staff or members of a HACCP team. It would also be useful for trainers, auditors, enforcers and other food safety professionals. Achievement of this qualification gives learners the skills to assist in the implementation of a HACCP system, to critically evaluate HACCP plans and to understand the importance of having an effective HACCP system in place.
Subjects covered include the principles of HACCP management for food manufacturing, understanding the importance of HACCP-based food safety management procedures, understanding how to manage the implementation of HACCP-based food safety management procedures and understanding how to develop and evaluate HACCP-based food safety management procedures.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
This qualification is usually achieved by taking a five day course. However, it can also be achieved through a variety of other methods including blended and distance learning, as long as the recommended learning hours are completed.
How is this qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by an examination consisting of two sections with a combined total duration of three hours. Section 1 is a critical evaluation of a HACCP plan in the form of a case study, which equates to 90% of the final mark. Section 2 is a series of short questions which equates to 10% of the final mark. Marks from both sections are combined to determine the learner’s grade. A learner will pass if they achieve 60% overall, a Merit at 70% overall and a Distinction at 80% overall.
This course is an Ofqual regulated qualification.
This workshop covers:
- HACCP & legislation
- Preparing for HACCP
- Prerequisite programmes
- 7 Codex HACCP Principles
- HACCP Team
- Hazard analysis
- Critical control points
- Critical limits
- Corrective action
- HACCP documentation
- Maintaining HACCP