About this opportunity
Arden Dies have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work in Engineering as a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technician Apprentice.
As a Trainee CAD Operative, the successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team and support senior members of the CAD department.
The majority of the operator’s day will be occupied by the production of 2D drawings.
Additionally there will be day to day administrative duties such as filing of drawings and other CAD documentation.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Drawing 2D geometry for the design and installation electrical systems
• Day to day administrative duties.
• Prioritising your workload to help the team meet deadlines.
What you should have to apply
Preferably candidate would have secured exam grades in GCSE (A-C), including English, Maths and a Science, and preferably an Engineering qualification.
The following qualities are required:
• Ability to demonstrate a flexible, personable and professional attitude, whilst working as part of a team
• Applicants must have a good temperament, be polite and courteous
• Communication / Interpersonal skills – Ability to communicate in a confident manner with staff at all levels
• Applicants must be pro-active in their approach
Full Training will be provided in relation to the principle responsibilities; however the following skills would be beneficial:
• interest in wide range of engineering manufacturing processes
• be able to work in busy team environment, capable of working to targets and deadlines
• verbal and written communication skills, must be comfortable with computer based work
• must be able to demonstrate high level of technical competence in Math’s
• attention to detail in interpreting manufacturing information and working to high quality standards